Museum of Architecture and Early American Fine & Decorative Arts

Celebrating 250

photo by: Don Roland

 Open Apr 1 - Dec 30, 12 - 5pm Closed on Tuesdays

19 Maryland Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401

Call for information
410-263-4683

Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9 the Hammond-Harwood House’s Introductory Gallery will be open 12-5 p.m. The museum will be closed for regular tours.

Celebrating 250

In honor of the Hammond-Harwood House's 250th Anniversary, we have a variety of special events and programs on the calendar!

The Hammond-Harwood House, a National Historic Landmark, was built in 1774. It was the final work of architect William Buckland. With its carved doorway entrance, formal rooms, and elegant scale, the building blends the artistry of the finest Anglo-Palladian architecture with American sensibility.

The house is open to the public for tours. Subjects include the social history of the families and enslaved people who lived in the house, architecture, and the collection of fine and decorative art. Numerous special tours, lectures, talks, concerts, and family programs are scheduled throughout the year.

Buckland and Palladio exhibit

2024 Exhibition

Buckland and Palladio: A Legacy of Design

Slavery Exhibition Kitchen

Permanent Exhibition

Slavery at Hammond-Harwood House

Upcoming Programs & Events

Travel Program

Palladio’s Legacy: Venice, Italy

Sep 24 - Oct 5, 2024

Join us in celebrating the 250th Anniversary of Hammond-Harwood House by exploring architecture and garden design influenced by Andrea Palladio in the Veneto area of Italy.

Scroll to Top